Sunday, December 6, 2009

Some Serious Catching Up!!

My oh my! Where does the time go.....

It has been almost two months since my last post... It is tough working and being a mom... =) I know that lots of people do it and are still able to blog but it is pretty difficult for me to stay on top of this... I hope to do a better job over the holidays but we will see... No one hold your breath!

First, so much has happened over the last several weeks.... We had Leighton's first Halloween, her first Thanksgiving, and her first tooth! Despite having the H1N1 flu, she is growing like a weed and doing great now!

Soon after my last post Leighton was diagnoised with the H1N1 flu... She handled it like a champ! We had one tough night when her temperature got up to 104.7 degrees but that was pretty much the extent of the super high temps... We watched her closely for several weeks and she did have a secondiary infection of broncitus and rhinitus but was able to stop it there... Jeff and I were very lucky to have Leighton's grandmother, Si Si - Jeff's mom, come and stay with us for nearly 3 weeks! It was just what the doctor ordered! She was able to rest and be loved on at the same time... I am positive that it is one of the reasons she was able to recover from the flu and do so quickly...

The OU/Texas football game fell during the flu. She was doing much better. Here she is with her Daddy and Si Si wishing them well before they headed to the game early Saturday morning. She did NOT go to the game but still sported the appropriate attire (per her Daddy) to watch the game at home.

Just resting with Daddy

This has too be the worst set of boogers ever! One morning, I went to get the precious thing and this is what I was "greeted" with... =) At least she wore them with a big smile!

After we dealt with the flu it was time to celebrate her first Halloween! Her MiMi (my mom) came in for the weekend to participate in all the fun... We went to the local farmer's market to take a few pictures with the pumpkins before it was time to meet all the trick or treaters... We had a couple of outfits for the day as well as one for every week leading up to the events! I hope you enjoy the pictures below.














Next big event was Leighton's first Thanksgiving... We were in Franklin with my family to celebrate this year... Jeff, Lori and I went to the game after we had Thanksgiving lunch with the entire family and took a family picture for MiMi and P-Paw's Christmas card... The lunch, pictures, and the game were lots of fun! Although the game didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, I guess you can say that part of the family was happy... =)


Leighton's Thanksgiving meal.... Rice Cereal with Sweet Potatoes & Corn!


Game Day Picture!
Leighton was "neutral" and wore a little burnt orange and little maroon...

On Saturday, before we headed back home, MiMi was hanging out with Leighton by herself when she found a new little addition... Leighton's first tooth! That is right folks the first tooth had broken through... It is still not out 100% but it is movin' on up! The whole weekend she started chewing her tounge... I think she had found it too!!! We were able to catch one photo of some tounge chewing but that is all you can see for now.... One more thing you will notice below... She is up and rocking on those hands and knees... Not actually crawling yet, just rocking and "scooting" backwards for now... Shouldn't be much longer, or at least that is what I am affraid of.... =)



MORE TO COME............

No comments:

Post a Comment